When Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice first came out many of the comic purists were shocked and appalled to see the Batman kill count in BvS. This is the guy in comics that refuses to kill anybody…even the Joker! If somebody deserves to die, it is probably the Joker, no? The internet became awash in flame and vitriol regarding Zack Snyder’s controversial take on the Dark Knight. Never mind that Batman killed people in both Tim Burton movies. That happened like…20 or 30 years ago and people don’t have that kind of memory! With the Batman kill count in BvS, I wonder what it brings his total up to?
Well it looks like the fine folks over at Mr. Sunday Movies have compiled this special edit of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice that tallies each time the Caped Crusader takes a life. No longer will people be able to debate the supposed murderous intent of the protector of Gotham! Actually, it looks like there are some things for debate because the editor had to make special notes. Go figure! At least we get to know the Batman kill count in BvS!
As per the editor’s rules and video description, “Ben Affleck’s Batman in Batman V Superman certainly didn’t shy away from the occasional murder. And I use the word occasional loosely. So here they are! All the murders in all their glory! Also here’s some notes of…note.
Here’s some rough guidelines I went by if anyone cares:
1) If you’re in a car and the batmobile hits you you’re probably dead.
2) I only counted the two in the backseat that gets a car flipped on it because it only hits the back end. Also I’m not entirely convinced they’re dead. But whatever. None of this means anything. Also Nick Mason said it was okay.
3) I didn’t count the guy Batman punches onto his neck, he probably lived through that. Maybe I dunno.
4) The man Batman stabbed looked like it was in the shoulder, though I might be wrong.
5) I didn’t count the ones branded because they’re fairly indirect kills.
6) I had other things to say but I can’t remember.
7) Oh right, thanks to DannyC for pointing out the two grenade kills instead of one in the Patreon cut of this.
8) Believe in yourself.”
Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice stars Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Jeremy Irons, Holly Hunter and Gal Gadot.